Greek Myths Unplugged
About Greek Myths Unplugged
WHY DO WE STILL RETELL GREEK MYTHS – WHAT RELEVANCE DO THEY HAVE TODAY?
WHY ARE THEY STILL IMPORTANT TO THE MODERN WESTERN WORLD?
We’re excited to present three of the most loved and enduring Greek myths for free as part of Unicorn Online.
This series of three new short plays by some of the UK’s most exciting writers have been creatively filmed and edited to bring theatre to life online for children. Directed by the Unicorn’s Associate Director Rachel Bagshaw, the films reinvent and reimagine the original myths enabling pupils to explore the resonances of Greek Myths to today’s world anew.
The three plays are:
Narcissus adapted by E.V. Crowe
King Midas & His Golden Touch adapted by Vanessa Kisuule
Theseus & the Minotaur adapted by Alexandra Wood
If you're a teacher then view the films here alongside our educational resources
Watch the films
- Mum Madeline Appiah
- Echo Rafael Akbar
- Jessie's Dad Jude Akuwudike
- Jessie Alex Nyla Jarrett
- The Chorus Deanna Rodger
- Ariadne Ruby Stokes
- Narcissus Nevaeh West-Lawson
- Director Rachel Bagshaw
- Set Designer Charlotte Espiner
- Costume Designer Cristiano Casimiro
- Composer & Sound Designer Nicola T. Chang
- Lighting Designer Douglas Kuhrt
- Associate Director Alice Wordsworth
- Fight Director Paul Benzing
- Director of Photography Adam Kes Hipkin
- Cinematographer Oliver Bury and Maria Pullicino
- 1st AD Holly Hughes
- Audio Capture Joey Julliard
- Editor Oliver Bury
- Hair & Makeup Madalina Elena